[Healeys] BJ8GasTank

Subject: [Healeys] BJ8GasTank
From: mgcharlie at comcast.net (Charlie Baldwin)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:24:12 -0400
Gary,
It may be worth fixing your tank depending on what new ones cost.  There
is a guy here in York, PA that soaks them in acid, repairs and coats
them on the interior with a good gas tank coating and paints the
exterior with an undercoating kind of product for $100 - $200 or so.
The price depends on how bad it is.
The name of the business is West York Radiator Service at 717-852-9454.
He also does radiators, repairing and recoring.
Shops like this are few and far between because of the low priced
replacements on the market and the throw away nature of modern
vehicles.  This guy is not terribly busy, and being not real good at
promotion, doesn't know how to get his service out there to the greater
antique and classic, street rod, etc. community.
I know that from NC it may be expensive to ship, but you will have to
compare prices.  At least you know that the original tank fits.
Charlie