[Healeys] New Driving Lights article

Subject: [Healeys] New Driving Lights article
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve B. Gerow)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:42:48 -0800
I've just completed an installation of Lucas driving lights on my BN6 and have
written it up, with a circuit diagram.
John Sims has posted my article at http://www.healey6.com

Because my car is a 5-speed with alternator, I was able to do some unusual
things.

Features:
1)      Heavy hot wire from solenoid is kept to short length, entirely in
engine compartment
2)      Headlight and Driving Light relays located in hollowed-out voltage
regulator
3)      Overdrive switch used for driving lights with the addition of LED
indicator light
4)      Indicator light is bright enough for broad daylight  only runs with
headlights off.
5)      Except for feed wire, all fuses are in auxiliary fuse box
6)      Use of drip irrigation tubing for protective sheathing
7)      Use of hardware store heavy-duty shelf brackets for mounting brackets

--
Steve Gerow
BN6