[Healeys] Clutch question

Subject: [Healeys] Clutch question
From: richard.ewald at gmail.com (Richard Ewald)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:08:58 -0700
Back when I was young and dumb (and broke) I tired using just a new disc a
couple of times (Yeah I can be a slow learner).
What David and Ed said is the truth.  Always replace as a set.  Or take to a
quality rebuilder and have it redone totally.
Personally if I am doing a clutch it would be:
New pressure plate
Disc
Throw out bearing
Pilot bush or bearing
Resurface the flywheel (and if the machine shop uses vice grips to remove
the dowel pins or worse yet machines them off you yell at the guy and make
him fix it and then you find a new machine shop before you need any
additional machine work)
I have learned the hard way that cutting corners on this job never pays in
the long run.  And you know what they say, learn from the mistakes of
others, you will never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Rick