[Healeys] O/Drive

Subject: [Healeys] O/Drive
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 05:44:56 -0700
Keith,

Here;s a link to TM Technologies.  Kent White the "Tin Man."  You may be
able to repair the broken casing without taking it apart.

https://www.tinmantech.com/html/trainings.php

Here's the testimonial from the linked site.

"Kent-

I attended your METALWORKING INTENSIVE in Nov. 05 and bought the Meco torch
from you at that time. I hadn't had the chance to use it much since
completing the class until last week when it really saved the day.

My neighbor repairs cars and managed to drop a cast aluminum automatic
transmission from an Acura Integra onto the concrete, putting several cracks
and a puncture wound in the lower case. He couldn't find one in a junkyard
so he called the Acura dealer to find out what a replacement case would cost
and the parts guy just said, "you don't want to know".

Anyway, since the transmission was basically scrap I thought I'd first try
and repair it using my $$$ Miller Dynasty Tig; because I had more time in
using a Tig machine than the Meco. The problem with the Tig was that the
transmission fluid would be drawn from inside the transmission into the weld
and contaminate it.

Soooo, out comes the Meco, your flux, and some 4043 Tig rod; 30 minutes
later it looks absolutly perfect (yes, I did a little grinding since I'm not
as good as you). Better yet NO leaks, which is a challenge with Tig in
perfect conditions as you already know. I guess word travels fast because
I've had two other people call me with cracked aluminum transmissions that
no one else seems to be able to weld up without a complete teardown and
steam clean.

Anyway, none of this could have happened without your great class and proven
tools. Thanks again."

*Alex Baker*

Curt

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Keith Bailey <keithbailey5 at
bigpond.com>wrote:

> HI List

I need to replace the rear casting on my BN1 as it as crack around the