[Healeys] 26H engine

Subject: [Healeys] 26H engine
From: pajtamuvek at gmail.com (Austin Healey)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:36:01 +0200
Hi,

Now that I am getting about to fnish the engine, I can tell You my
observations.
As I told You earlier, this 26H engine had high compression pistons,
somewhat 1.8mms higher than the pistons I could buy from AH4H today. Stroke
was the same, conrods were equal to the 3000's (29D) conrods. The engine had
an white "H" on its side painted by had. The block was BMC green, but under
the green, it was gold (or just a gold looking primer?). The camshaft had
longer duration than that of the 29D engine's. If measured the same way as
the 29D, it look like it had 252in and 263(265?)ex and about 0.7mms more
lift. The lobes were worn/rusted, soo numbers may vary a bit.
The block had a stamping on its underside: "57 22 9 62 N"

Any ideas?

Gergo