[Healeys] Headlight fusing - was Inline fuses

Subject: [Healeys] Headlight fusing - was Inline fuses
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve B. Gerow)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:40:16 -0800
Norman Nock always warned against fusing the headlights circuit for the
reason that Peter mentions and I have never understood the logic.  If a
short would take out a fuse on a circuit protected with one why would it not
take out the wiring on one not protected?
<<<

FWIW - my wife's '73 240Z has a 10amp fuse for each headlight. It must also
have a separate wire for each headlight.
With that setup it's unlikely both headlights would go out at once. Separate
wires with fuses would be a possible Healey safety addition.

Wonder if any modern cars have unfused headlights. Wouldn't bet on it.
--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA