[Healeys] County parts

Subject: [Healeys] County parts
From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 01:19:27 +0800
Just to clarify here, for a while all that was available was County
single metal (tin) bearings.  These are ok for normal use, but I have
heard several racers having to replace these after only a couple
hundred miles on the track.  I believe County now is making Tri-metal
bearings, which are far superior for durability.

50 miles, however, suggests a misalignment or gapping problem on
reassembly, or possibly a misaligned crank.  Did you have all parts
checked and balanced before assembly?

for the metropolitan, there should be no shortage of options for old
stock vandervell bearings or something similar.

Alan