Re: [Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 09:05:19 -0400
I doubt if anyone is testing the octane rating any more and with the
computers controlling everything on a car nowdays it may not be necessary if
the rating is off a point or two.
That being said, In the mid 50's while in high school I worked for Western
Union as a messenger and one of our services was "Purchase Pack and Ship" A
major nationwide customer was the Ethyl Corp. We would buy a gallon of gas
periodically randomly and ship it back to them via Railway Express (remember
them) where they would test it to see if the quantity of tetraethyl lead was
proper. If not, they would go after the refinery.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com