Re: [Healeys] smitty 5 speed - type of oil

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] smitty 5 speed - type of oil
From: Bob Johnson <bjsbj8@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 19:26:59 -0400
Will thisease strife? 30w engine oil and 90 wt gear oil have nearly the same
viscosity (not exactly the same, but close.) The differnce is in the
additives that will decide it's final application. If there was a 90 wt
engine oil, then yeah it would be way thicker than 30 wt engine oil. Let us
avoid a discussion as to why our trannys ended up with a motor oil
specified. My guess, it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

On May 4, 2011 9:10 AM, "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>