Re: [Healeys] Spare tire hold down strap assembly

To: Daniel White <healeydan@wowway.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spare tire hold down strap assembly
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 20:21:18 -0400
Daniel,

Faced the same thing with my BN7.  The car came with the buckle attached to
about 6 inches of badly deteriorated leather.  Bought a child's belt of the
proper width and style at a dept store.  Removed the new buckle (it merely
unsnaped) and put on the orig buckle.  Then installed two rivets I got from a
shoe repair shop, cut the leather to the needed length and punched the
necessary holes.  Painted the rivet heads black and voila!  Total cost less
than $5.

Keith