Re: [Healeys] Intermittent Brake Lights?

To: "'scott willis'" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Intermittent Brake Lights?
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:26:32 -0700
Scott,

Go to Napa.  Ask for an old 60s-70s VW brake pressure switch.  It is almost
a direct replacement.  The only difference is a to crimp on a terminal
connector.

If you do the switch (er swap) fast you will not need to re-bleed.  Don't
mash the brake pedal during the quick swap.  I do assume you mash the breaks
in this particular Healey as I recall ........grin.

I did this in a Napa parking lot once in 15 min during the California Alpine
500 Rally.

Epilogue..................I am bracing for the correctness police to pounce
but narrowly get away with Smitty next to me and peel out shifting through
all five fully synchronized gears.  I cling to the non-original Lempert
wheel listening to the police scanner complements of the Lenschow current
boosting alternator.   The non-original offset bushings and bigger sway bar
help to lessen the push as I downshift smoothly for the first corner as we
disappear up a little known canyon two lane road.

Warm Regards,

Tracy Drummond

PMP | ITIL Service Manager | CISSP | bighealey@charter.net | 408-394-3444
cell | 408-776-0133 home | http://www.linkedin.com/in/tracydrummond