[Healeys] Girling brake booster

Subject: [Healeys] Girling brake booster
From: kags at shaw.ca (Earl Kagna)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:31:54 -0700
I have been under the impression that this smaller Girling booster was used
on the earlier (optional) booster equipped Healeys with the type 14 brake
calliper and the smaller master cyl. - ie: some BT / BN7's, some BJ7's, and
the very early BJ8's.  When the change was made on the BJ8 to the later type
16 calliper along with the larger master cyl, the servo was changed to the
larger cannister version.

I could be wrong about all of this, but I remember researching it when
choosing the correct size PBR booster for my BJ8, and becoming familiar with
the data on brake force enhancement with the various models available.  I
remember at that time one of our fellow listers - in Australia I believe -
installed the late booster on his earlier Healey and wasn't happy with it's
performance until he added the later calliper set-up.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb