[Healeys] 100/6 BN4 side screens

Subject: [Healeys] 100/6 BN4 side screens
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:04:42 -0400
Paul,

I just installed a new pair that my customer had brought me for his car,
which I believe came from AH Spares. I should point out that these represent
the later series of side screen introduced in April '58 with the
introduction of the BN6, so apply to all side screen models used from that
point on. Though details would differ they should fit the earlier BN4 models
with only minor modifications.
I am extremely impressed by the quality, details and fit. These were
completely preassembled except for the mounting brackets. The rubber seals
are already in place and needed only to be trimmed back slightly at the
ends. The Plexiglas was already installed into the felts in the tracks and
slide firmly but well. All mounting bracket hardware is included and seems
to be correct to original right down to the little chromed acorn nuts. The
anodized frames were smooth and bright with the correct finish.
The only faults I can find on these are the following, and this is being
picky:
1. some of the corner aluminum welds were slightly less smooth than original
2. of course the "Weathershields" lettering and patent numbers are missing
(to be expected on repro items)
3. the little rectangular grab pieces on the rear sliding panel are placed
in the middle of the inside surface, rather than being toward the lower rear
corner on the outside and the lower forward area on the inside.
4. the black rubber buffers were not included for the forward upper inside
corner of the frames. These are similar to the 3 buffers that fit along the
lower boot lip of the rear shroud. These are readily available and installed
with no problem.

Rich