[Healeys] vent window rubbers

Subject: [Healeys] vent window rubbers
From: mbruce6 at bell.net (Mal Bruce)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:42:03 -0400
I have my two BJ7 vent windows on the bench and 2 new window rubbers. One
window has the vent window removed and the other is still in place.
Questions;
-do I need the vent windows out of the frame to get the new rubbers in
-what tool can I use to get them in. a screw driver looks likely to damage the
rubber and the tongue depressor has a thicker rounded end and hasn't worked
for me.
-any lubricant suggestions for the rubber?
I've talked to several club members who have successfully completed this task
but since it wasn't yesterday they can't remember how they did it!! Thanks

Mal Bruce