[Healeys] Auxillary lights

Subject: [Healeys] Auxillary lights
From: michael.oritt at gmail.com (Michael Oritt)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:09:08 -0400
A DC chopper reduced the voltage without producing heat whereas a rheostat
merely provides resistance and builds up heat.  I had a rotary chopper
switch on my boat to dim overhead 12 volt lights in the main cabin.  However
these were incandescent bulbs and I do not know how or whether they would
work with halogen bulbs.

Best--Michael Oritt