[Healeys] Healey 5 speed

Subject: [Healeys] Healey 5 speed
From: dwflagg at juno.com (dwflagg at juno.com)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:48:10 -0400
I guess I just can't get enough abuse, so here I go again. WHY?? I
have driven Healeys for many years and never felt a need to
"upgrade" the transmission. Yes, there is the awkward gap between
2nd and 3rd, but it is all about driving the car!! So many of you
are micro faulting the Healey to the point that you spend more time
worrying about what it doesn't have, than enjoying what it does!!
Enjoy the Healey for what it is, not what you want it to be. As I
have said before, and will say again, you want air conditioning, a 5
(or 6) speed all synchro tranny, ipod & stereo and whatever, buy a
freakin Miata!! Use the money you waste on "upgrades" to buy another
Healey. IMHO.

Doug

> > I have to agree that response is not quick but this is a side job.
>
> > It
> > actually pays to call in early evening or on Sat to get him.  He
> is
> > a very
> > nice guy and takes care of everything.  It does work on a center
> > shift, you
> > may have to buy the shifter tower that moves the shifter forward
> > like I did.
> > It all depends on which transmission you buy.   One of the people
> in
> > our
> > club bought the whole setup including transmission from Pete.
> >
> > Jerry

Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4dd7ed27d7c935c34efst04duc