[Healeys] Question for Racers - #6 cylinder heating problem?

Subject: [Healeys] Question for Racers - #6 cylinder heating problem?
From: mayorrichard at hotmail.com (richard mayor)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 02:09:39 +0000
Over the years I have seen a number of photos of British and European
Austin-Healey race car engines that use a hose from the water heater valve at
the rear of the cylinder head that is connected to the radiator hose. I assume
that there must have been an over-heating problem in cylinders #5 and #6 to
warrant this hose connection.
I have been racing for a few years now and have never encountered this kind of
problem.  But, I am bumping my compression ratio up in a new engine for this
summer's racing and I would appreciate any information on this matter.
Up till now I have been running  an 11:1 compression ratio.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon