[Healeys] Made it to Brussels!!

Subject: [Healeys] Made it to Brussels!!
From: derek.c.job at gmail.com (Derek Job)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:30:26 +0200
Hi all,

Just arrived in Brussels at around midday today after a very enjoyable trip.
I decided to break the journey across England into two as a I could only
leave Cumbria around midday. Stopped near Harrogate, Yorhshire after a great
drive on A and B roads, avoiding the motorway, which would in any case have
been less direct. Yesterday I completed the journey to the ferry port in
Hull. Again on very nice roads and no motorways.  The car performed
brilliantly and never missed a beat.

The ferry arrived at Zeebrugge this morning and I had a drive of about 120k
all on the highway. This was the most eventful part of the trip. First the
passenger door sprung open after hitting a pothole and then the bonnet
popped after hitting another. After pulling onto the hard shoulder and
closing the bonnet I accelereated up to speed and the car was hesitating in
second gear on acceleration. I wouldn't call it spitting, more just like a
loss of power before eventually picking up. Slightly unsettling as I still
had to negotiate the tunnels and traffic in the centre of Brussels. It did
it again in the city, but as long as I moved up through the gears without
accelerating too hard in second, it was ok.

I'll try to look at it tomorrow. Whats the likely source, maybe just
regapping/replacing the points. Is it more likely to be that than a
carburation issue?

Anyway, after very little use for nearly a year  I'm very pleased with how
'Annie' performed. Tomorrow I'm taking her to a friend's who has a farm just
outside Brussels. That will be her home for the next few months. He has
about 10 other classics stored there including several Healeys, one in full
race prep which Im hoping to drive!!!.. He has loads of tools and a lift so
it will be a great place to work on the car.

It's great to be Healeying again!

cheers

Derek