Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Intake

To: <drmasucci@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Intake
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:56:46 -0700
H Dave,

That should be an interesting study...I would be interested in seeing the
results.....  In modern manifolds, the pulses cause the "ramming" effect
which utilizes the inertia of the flowing fuel mixture to squeeze additional
mixture into the chamber thereby effectively increasing the dynamic
compression.   I installed individual runners with Webbers and then flow
benched them along with the head to ensure the maximum flow and
ramming....of course the camshaft is selected to maximize the result also.

I'm curious if the waves sent back into the manifold upon valve closure
offset the benefits of the inertia created by the vacuum from the same
cylinder.

Good luck.

Paul