[Healeys] Coolant recovery system

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Coolant recovery system
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:19:06 -0400
Hello, Healeyphiles -

Has anyone installed a coolant recovery system using generic hardware from
the local auto parts store?
I installed a recovery system in my BJ8 using the brass recovery tank from a
junkyard MG Midget.  Someone saw my article about my system and wants to
install a similar system in a '65 Midget, but doesn't want to spring for a
new MG tank ($$).  I seem to recall a discussion on the list some time ago
about using a generic tank from Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.  I have no
experience with the plastic tanks, so thought I would ask for input from the
list.

Thanks!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666