[Healeys] Camshaft Question -- Now MPG

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Camshaft Question -- Now MPG
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:36:16 -0400
Any ideas on what MPG a 65 BJ8, non-restored motor should be getting?
I just did a highway mileage check and got 18.

I'm thinking I should get better. I set the carbs up by the book.  The plugs
are dirty brown, not black, but the exhaust smells rich and spits little black
specks all over the trunk and my pants.

Greg
65BJ8

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.