Re: [Healeys] Another BN1 Returns to Life

To: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Another BN1 Returns to Life
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:44:31 -0700
Congratulations, Rich, and welcome and best wishes to BN1 158893.
Any photos?

-Roland
BN1

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:13:26 -0400, you wrote:

::Hello all,
::
::
::
::Today at just after noon EDT, BN1L 158893 burst into life again after being
::silent since 1965. This car broke a gear back in '65 which actually
probably
::saved the car. It was removed from the road at that time, seems to have
been
::completely stripped down to almost every last nut and bolt during the
::1970's, but everything was carefully catalogued and stored. I first saw the
::car in 1988 when a close friend and I went to see a "BN1 Project for Sale".
::My friend bought it, moved 3 times, got married had a family, and
approached
::me in 2000 asking if I could help him sell it as he'd never get around to
::doing the car. I bought it myself, and moved it all again. In 2006 a new
::club member had been looking for a Healey and wasn't having much luck with
::all the overpriced junk out there so I sold it to him as a project  on the
::condition that we would build for him.
::
::The car is finally about finished except for the many bugs and trouble
::shooting that inevitably comes with the territory. She's all black with
::almost all of her original persimmon orange and red interior, red top, etc.
::She's a stunning piece of Healey.
::
::
::