Re: [Healeys] FW: Original 750 Mile BN2 -- not a case for

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Original 750 Mile BN2 -- not a case for
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
Barrie,

You make it sound as if the only factor in making this decision is the owner's
wishes. There's more to the restore/resto-mod decision. The condition could be
pristine-original, to-far-gone-to-restore or one of 10,000 gradiations
in-between. Where's the line between this car gets restored, this car gets
left alone and this car get's modified? That's a hard one...

Yes, agreed, people lean more to one side than the other and given the same
car, same situation, same budget, may or may not make the same decision. I
like to think; Some people buy a car because it's a candidate for restoration
while others look for cars to resto-mod, because that's what they like to do
and part of the equasion is getting the most value/cost result. I hope and
pray, no one would take a numbers matching car and drop in a small block V8.

All,

The problem with basing a restore/resto-mod discussion on this "750 mile
original BN2" are the assumptions the write-up is asking us to make. We can't
discuss what should have or shouldn't have happened on this car. I don't think
we know the real history. Clearly, the "story" and the results don't make
sense.

There's some fabrication going on here (pun intended). We just don't know how
much.

Greg
65BJ8