Re: [Healeys] FW: Original 750 Mile BN2

To: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Original 750 Mile BN2
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:00:40 -0400
Curt,

You are another who contradicts themselves.  I said there are
different types.  One being the "originality or hell" and the other
"It looks the same - thus is the same".   You said that some people
do not support your concours standards, and the Corvette people have
the same situation.  SO doesn't that prove my point THERE ARE
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CAR BUFFS !!!!!!!   AND you have to be one or the
other!  I mean do you have people who do like your concours standards
AND do NOT like your standards?

As to changing the car's colour !  How can you even say that is
original.  It is bad enough, but excusable, that people use two pack
paint - but changing the colour??????   There is no degree in
originality - it is either original or not - original colour or not
!!.   Now there is no harm in doing concours judging and not
penalising repro parts but no repro part is going to be
original.   Because if this is the case then your judging would put a
perfectly preserved Healey (Oh what a barn find!!) on the same plane
as one a taken to bits, completely refinished, welded, etc with new
identical (made in China?) repro lights, electric parts,
interior.  This because they would look identical !!!

What it all comes down to is that your standards are not the
standards of those who want originality.  There is room for all
types.  As being on shaky ground  I suppose you could say that with a
100 points BJ8 experience and the spending of 5 hours restoring a
battery switch for my 1955 Aston when I could have bought a nice
repro - Why? because I will have the original switch.

Regards

Barrie
barrie@look.ca
705-721-9060