Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Please take a look at this article I saw on

To: akronzips@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Please take a look at this article I saw on
From: "Chris Dimmock [Healey]" <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:02:21 +1000
Hi Howard,
Thanks for the heads up on the AB Jenkins DVD.
I ordered one, which arrived yesterday, and I watched it last night.
It is brilliant - it is a sort of biography of AB Jenkins, and his son Marv
- and covers AB's career and the land speed, cross country, board track and
hill climb records he set; and the efforts his son went to to restore the
Mormon Meteor 3.
I looked up the FIA land speed records - AB still holds many long distance
land speed records which have stood unbettered for over 60 years in his MM3.
It's pretty amazing that a guy could set what were basically endurance
records from 1923 (cross country record 23 hours, 43 mins from SLC to LA) to
1956 (24 hours in a Pontiac At Bonneville at 118 mph) - and still hold
around a dozen Land Speed class records 55 years after his death......

Healey content:
M.Corfield (and co driver J. Welsh for the >100m) in an Austin Healey 100/4
are listed as holding the 100Km, 100M, 500Km, 500m, 1,000Km and 1 hour class
records from their Millbrook run in 2009

Best
Chris

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html