[Healeys] Rendezvous 2011

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Rendezvous 2011
From: Lou G <lgalper1@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:02:32 -0700
Here we are in Vancouver, Washington at Rendezvous having a good time.  Some of
the Healey List contributors (Len, Ira) are here, but haven't sent any reports
in yet, so I will mention a few items.  On the field today, we had about 75
cars, with 3 Nash Healeys in one place at the same time!, and a few Bugeye and
square-bodied Sprites.

Light drizzle at noon didn't bother anyone as we had a covered area for lunch.
The valve cover racing was introduced by Ed Neumeyer, and was enjoyed by the
mostly retirement-age group who enjoy sitting down a lot.   No beer was on-hand
for the valve cover event, but it was still a hit, and the spectators were
well-behaved.  Ed has the track enroute to Conclave at the present time.

Tomorrow we have a choice of a drive to Mt St Helens or a rallye led by Reid
Trummel.

The road from Seattle to here is Interstate 5, which alternates between 2 and 3
lanes southbound, about 160 miles.  The unusual thing is that no one seems to
drive over the speed limit of 70.  In So. California, 70 is the guideline for
the slow lane, which causes problems for many of our Sprite friends.

Cheers,
Lou
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html