[Healeys] Tuning for summer

Subject: [Healeys] Tuning for summer
From: hubrick at gmail.com (Rick Huber)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 19:24:33 -0500
Hi Healey listers,
I've been away for a few months, but have been enjoying driving my BJ8 since
Dec. A question.  Now that it's heated up here in Baton Rouge to 100 the
last few days, my engine seems to struggle to accelerate, like it's rich or
"loaded up".  When I get to highway speed everything seems to smooth out.  I
was thinking fuel lines were getting hot and I was getting partial
evaporation, so I insulated the float bowls with no change.  Another theory
is with very hot thin air in the engine compartment, my mixture setting is
too rich.  I've heard of people adjusting mixture at high altitude, and it
would be essentially the same for high temperature.
Anybody adjust mixture for high temperature operation?
Cheers,
Rick
1964 BJ8