[Healeys] 1964 AH BJ8 Crankshaft Part Needed

Subject: [Healeys] 1964 AH BJ8 Crankshaft Part Needed
From: JPayne at ThorCon.net (Jonas Payne)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:57:05 -0700
At the 1st of the year, I began the restoration of my 2nd AH 3000.

I purchased the car last spring, and the PO indicated that he had taken
the car off the road in 1996 or so due to what he believed to be a rod
knocking.

My machinist has just called me and given me the verdict on the engine
as follows:

Cyl Head:

No Cracks, good shape.

Cyl. Head needs new guides and seats, needs to be "decked" for flatness
- that's it.

Rocker shaft, rocker arms, valves, springs and pushrods are all
"excellent".

Engine:

Generally good, shows signs of very high mileage/use based on taper of
bores, condition of pistons/rings and piston to wall clearance - wonder
what the compression was when pulled and if it burned oil.

The "knocking" that caused the prior owner to pull the car off the road
was caused by an oil restrictor in the crankshaft oil gallery that
apparently came loose and trashed the #3 rod bearing.  No damage to the
crank, just the bearing.

So, the following machine work is needed:

Need to bore the cylinder walls +40 THOU.

Crank Main is at +10, needs to go to +20

Cam is great, lifters are good, and can be reconditioned.

Rod small ends are at +10, need to go to +20

Need to resurface the flywheel

Thus we get to the question -

Anybody know where find a brass oil gallery restrictor for #3 or have
one made ?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084