[Healeys] Hylomar

Subject: [Healeys] Hylomar
From: linwoodrose at mac.com (Linwood H Rose)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:48:21 -0400
There have been discussions here and on other forums about Hylomar. I happen to
love the stuff and remain puzzled as to why it seems to be hard to find at
times given that is such a great product. I believe that there was an article
in the most recent Austin-Healey USA Healey Magazine by Roger Moment that
articulated the differences between the advanced formula solvent free Hylomar
versus the Racing Formula Hylomar, and I certainly agree with Roger that for
most of our applications the advanced formula, solvent free variety is what you
want. At my local car parts stores the racing formula was available, but no one
had the advanced formula.

Anyway, those who have worked with this stuff know that it is a gooey mess.
Many of you may have known, but I just discovered that Pegasus Racing Supplies
sells the stuff in an 8 ounce can with an applicator brush that I found to be
much handier than the squeeze tubes. If you look at the Pegasus web site, it is
part number 3318.

3318    (HAO) Hylomar Solvent Free Gasket Maker, 8oz Brush-Top Can

Just thought you might want to know if you did not already!

Cheers,

Lin

Lin Rose
1959 AN5 Bugeye - pure driving enjoyment, go-kart with a body.
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast" - owned since 1971, my first car and still have it!
1964 Jag MKII - current project