[Healeys] Is There a Circlip?

Subject: [Healeys] Is There a Circlip?
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:37:37 -0400
Only the adjustable steering column uses a circlip to keep the steering wheel
on. Also, The set (grub) screws are used to seat the trafficator only on
adjustable steering columns.
After removing the trafficator, the only thing holding the steering wheel on a
non-adjustable column is a nut & washer. To remove the wheel from a
non-adjustable column I quote the shop manual,  "A sharp jerk should be
sufficient to release the steering wheel." Now all you have to find is a sharp
jerk in your area. I don't qualify on the first count.
Gary Hodson