[Healeys] County brand oil pump s**t

Subject: [Healeys] County brand oil pump s**t
From: eyera3 at gmail.com (I Erbs)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:13:59 -0700
Could you list suppliers
To be concerned about?
I must be lucky. Except for my boot lock/handle and one lower fender repair
panel, I have had good luck. I have avoided repro door handles.
I think the above issues had more to do with body panel variation.

Ira Erbs
IT Consultant
Portland, OR

sent from my Droid, please excuse typos and random self corrections because
my phone has It's own ideas about what word I meant to write

On Jun 12, 2011 11:46 AM, <warthodson at aol.com> wrote:

> Yes, that is what I am saying. In the last few years & continuing at this
time, many (6-8) of our local club members have had or are having their
Healeys restored from the ground up. This has exposed me to many
reproduction parts & the experience is quite frustrating. I do not restore
these cars but I do provide guidance. Here are a few examples that come to
mind. Repro. body panels that often take more labor to correct than fixing
the original panel, or the customer accepts inferior fit. Chrome trim parts
that do not fit. Rubber parts that do not fit. Inferior interior kits.
Incorrectly machined wheel hubs & knock offs. Numerous electric components
that do not work straight out of the box. Exhaust systems that require
considerable modification the get them to fit. 50% failure rate was not
based on science but it feels about right to me. Our moto is "pound to fit,
paint to match". I had the same experience with a repro. oil pump that
Richard Mayor had. I was glad we took it apart rather than assuming it was
good because it was new. I will admit that some people are not willing to
pay the premium for quality parts, but that does not seem to guarantee that
you will get quality either.
> Gary Hodson

Please clarify