[Healeys] 100M

Subject: [Healeys] 100M
From: Editorgary at aol.com (Editorgary at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:04:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/11 7:44:51 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Heritage Certificate goes on to declare a car a "genuine
> 100M"? It says, under factory fitted equipment, "heater, Laminated
> windscreen, louvred bonnet". Under "other information", it says "as this
> car
> was fitted with a louvred bonnet, it is a genuine Austin Healey "100M" or
> "Le Mans model". I would have thought the certificate would list the more
> important Le Mans mechanical equipment, not just a louvred bonnet (which I
> think not all 100Ms had anyway) What comments from the list?

The factory records didn't indicate what equipment was installed AFTER the
car came off the assembly line, but rather the exact condition of the car at
that time. The BMIHT certificate is based entirely on the book that was
kept at the end of the assembly line.Cars that were intended to be sold as
100Ms were then shipped to Healey Motor Company for the installation of the
LeMans kit (primarily carbs, cold air box, and cam) and then shipped back to
Longbridge for shipping.
G.