[Healeys] Jule Frame - Part two

Subject: [Healeys] Jule Frame - Part two
From: p_cquinn at tpg.com.au (Patrick and Caroline Quinn)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:13:56 +1000
Lin

Well said.

Best wishes

Patrick Quinn

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at
autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Linwood H Rose
Sent: Monday, 20 June 2011 11:39 AM
To: healeylist

I enjoy perfectly original cars that have been well cared for. I enjoy
radically modified Healeys, and I enjoy slightly personalized Healeys. I
like Healey Blue, BRG, OEW, Florida Green, Spruce Green and Pacific Green. I
like a really good black one too, but mine are both RED! My wife really
likes those modern roll-up windows and the pull-up convertible top, but mine
are roadsters with side curtains!

Finally, I really like Healey people who love originality. They are
dedicated to the hobby (or profession), and typically they can be really,
really helpful. I called on one of my very favorites, Rich Chrysler, with a
question just today and he had an answer for me in minutes. You know what,
he didn't ask me if I was working on "an as original car" or not? I once
prepared an article on the rebuild of the control head (trafficator) and
Roger Moment was the go to guy, ready to lend a helpful assist.

Then again, I love Healey people who modify their cars to suit THEIR tastes
while remaining true to what I will call a "Healey Spirit." Steve Thomton,
Mick Nordquist, Rick Neville, Steve Gerow, Randy Forbes, Rich Grauman, Tim
Moran, Udo Putzke and Mike Oritt come to mind.

I could have named many other people in both of these categories (and
sub-categories). Heaven only knows how much I have benefitted from all of
these people. I am thankful to you all. I even try to share what I have
learned from time to time to keep this automotive interest going.

So....

Cheers and thanks.
Lin

Lin Rose
1959 AN5 Bugeye - pure driving enjoyment, go-kart with a body.
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast" - owned since 1971, my first car and still have
it!
1964 Jag MKII - current project
Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html