[Healeys] Checker Cab Healey

Subject: [Healeys] Checker Cab Healey
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:47:52 -0400
Yes, but ugly is ugly and I couldn't give it garage space. No wonder they
used it simply as an engineering exercise and then sent it on its way.

It's very much the same scenario as Warwick built BN3/4 we pulled out of a
field in Southern Ontario back in the mid '80's. A whole collection of
engineering ideas were being tried out including frame spacing of 21" rather
than the stock 17", longer wheel base, quarter elliptic rear springs for the
C series rear axle, 6 cylinder engine with gallery head, custom aluminum
radiator with header tank tapered down to fit forward under the stock 4
cylinder style front shroud, hydraulic master cylinders rigged on a crude
fabricated weldment bracket in the engine bay so the pedal brackets could
hang down, central fuel filler over the rear axle, elongated rear fenders to
reach forward to the BN1 style early doors. It was very homely as can be
seen in Bill Emerson's book.

It just wasn't meant to be seen by the public according to Geoff Healey at
the time we found it. When told about it he groaned in a rather disgusted
tone, "Oh, it's turned up, has it? Wasn't meant to be".

Rich