Re: [Healeys] Choke

To: "'Austin Healey'" <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Choke
From: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 21:18:48 -0400
Gergo,

There is an excellent exploded view in the original Spare Parts book that
shows better than any assembled pictures could. However, I'll try to
explain. On the rear carb between carb body and air filter is a flat steel
plate that goes over the entire opening and is held there by the two bolts
for the air filter. There is an ear on this bracket that sits forward of the
rear cab and it mounts a sleeved abutment stop bracket. The choke cable
outer sleeve is anchored in this sleeved bracket and the inner cable extends
down through an anchor sleeve in the brass choke arm of the rear carb. When
the choke cable is pulled it lifts this brass choke arm up causing the
interconnecting arm between the front and rear carb choke arms to both move.
This in turn lifts the fast idle levers for the first portion of travel, and
enriches the mixtures if pulled further out.

Rich

Subject: [Healeys] Choke

Hi,

Can anybody help me with a few pics of the choke mechanism (twin HD6 on std
manifold)? I have no clue how it is connected to the a, bracket-cable b,
cable choke lever.

Many thanks in advance!
Gergo
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html