Re: [Healeys] Fan Belt Issues

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fan Belt Issues
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 04:54:40 -0800
Ira,
FWIW - from my notes, I measured my belt at one time - my old fan belt was a
Gates 7440. It measured 3/8" x 44-3/4" OD.
I'm now using a different belt because my alternator has a smaller pulley.

Note - belts are measured around the outside so pulling a tape measure around
the pulleys is better than pulling a wire around the bottom of the vee on the
pulleys.

You can look these things up on Kragen/Autozone/O'reilley/Pep Boys web sites
and they'll tell you which stores stock the part you want. Don't know if
Portland has those but there must be alternatives to Napa. Suggest JC Whitney
also. I buy my belts at a local mom & pop auto parts store. These things are
everywhere.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA