Re: [Healeys] Towing advice

To: Linwood H Rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Towing advice
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 22:11:26 -0400
Hi Lin--

I can't see why combining them would be a problem.  The most important thing
is that you tie the car down by the axles (or wheels) and not by tow eyes or
hooks that are a part of the chassis or the frame--in other words you do not
want to have the suspension compressed while towing but rather let the
springs and shocks "work" freely.  You may also want to investigate axle
straps combined with conventional ratcheting straps.

Best--Michael Oritt