Re: [Healeys] Cross Country & Ethanol

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cross Country & Ethanol
From: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
We've had 10% ethanol in all blends of petrol for a long time. I've had no
problems with any fuel line, pump, etc on my BT7.  It does run hot but it has
always done it evenafter a rebuild and 4 core radiator.

I believe folks
that complain about 10% ethanol just have nothing better to do.

Bob
BT7 MKII
AN5

________________________________

I'm not a fan of ethanol-blended
gas--I think it's a scam for the corn
lobby--but, honestly I can't find fault
with the blended gas (at least at 10%).
Yes, I know ethanol is corrosive and
absorbs water, but I've had no problems
with either of our Healeys whatsoever
(both our tanks were lined with Bill
Hirsch gas tank sealer, FWIW). I have
noticed a bit of a stumble when first
starting after a shutdown in hot
weather, which I attribute to mild vapor lock
and may well be due to the
ethanol (but I can't prove it).

We've tracked mileage for the 16 years
we've been taking extended trips in my