Re: [Healeys] Fw: problem keeping Healey running

To: <frankyow_99@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: problem keeping Healey running
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:59:20 +0000
Take a look at the metal fuel line between the carb float bowls. It may seem
trivial, but the angle of that line makes a lot of difference. The way the
fuel line connects makes the logical position of the line appear to be level.
That position causes the line to run too close to the intake manifold and it
will cause vapor locking, the ethanol fuel now avaiable exacerbates the
problem. Take a look at your carbs and if that line is level and close to the
manifold loosen the banjo plugs and rotate it to move the line as far from the
manifold as possible.

Good luck.

Bill Lawrence