[Healeys] Slovak Healey

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Slovak Healey
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:32:11 +0800
Sorry for the slow response on this but I've been quite busy the last week.
 My wife did talk to the guy and he is in Presov,SK which isn't far from
where my wife is.  For those of you who know your WWII history, the Battle
for Dukla Pass occurred in this area, one of the biggest battles of WWII.

Anyway, unfortunately the owner of this car is, shall we say, typical in
their thinking for an older Slovak male.  On the one hand the amount of work
and attention to detail on the car is to be absolutely admired, apparently
it has won awards in several shows in Europe (Slovaks can be very detailed
with respect to mechanical things). On the other hand his asking price for
the car is..... drum roll please .....

210,000 Euro ($300,000).

(now click here:)
http://www.sadtuba.com/

Some particulars:

The car is a 1960 BT7, and the entire car was stripped and rebuilt by the
owner over three years.  Apparently the owner actually acquired the car 30
years ago (I have to wonder how, it was the communist early 80s then).  If
you recall I felt the interior color seemed a bit off - well apparently the
interior was done locally in Slovakia to great expense (it is supposed to be
the finest leather done in the best shop in the country, probably costed a
bomb), but unfortunately when you do this, the color for red will almost
always be off.

I believe the owner is under the mistaken impression that there are only 6
BT7s in Europe, hence the price.

I suggest this car is legit, that the work is very nicely done, and also
completely overpriced.  He did offer to have my wife go look at the car, I
told her don't bother.

I have pics if anyone wants them.

Who is the registrar for the BT7 registry so I can send the car number data
to him.

Cheers,

Alan
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html