[Healeys] Made it to Conclave

Subject: [Healeys] Made it to Conclave
From: Healey100M at gmail.com (Randy Hicks)
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:55:42 -0700
We're here! An eventful trip for sure.

Left Phoenix in the BJ8 on Friday AM and quickly headed north through
Flagstaff and north on 89 to 160. Very hot in Phoenix but cooled off by
Flagstaff but I got real hot through the Navajo Reservation. All was running
fine until we hit a small bump in construction 20 miles from our hotel in
Cortez. Lost overdrive. Felt it drop out but no mechanical sounds so I figured
electrics. Starter would turn over either. Yep, a ground wire came loose. Easy
fix.

Left Cortez, CO and traveled to Durango and stopped for breakfast. BJ8 started
right up. Stopped for gas, starter wouldn't turn over. What the....?

Connection had come loose inside old voltage regulator (I had gone to a GM
alternator), re-wired, still wouldn't turn over. About 100 degrees out now and
no shade.  Lots of battery to run other stuff. Rechecked all wiring. It's OK.
Still won't turn over. Got a tow and pop started it in 10 feet. OK, we're
running, alternator charging, everything's working, let's go!

Drove last 250 miles without shutting it off. Ran great, no hesitation over
10,878 ft. pass, filled up with gas, kept car running, potty stops, kept car
running. Last 10 miles into Colorado Springs the skies opened up with rain and
hail. No problem. Just kept running.

Pulled into Conclave hotel and parked. Turned her off and, yes, you guessed
it. She started right back up, no problem. Started up again fine tonight.

Now I don't know if I have a problem or not. Got to love these cars.  :-)

Randy