[Healeys] Trafficator Help

Subject: [Healeys] Trafficator Help
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve B. Gerow)
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 05:16:04 -0800
I've pulled my trafficator a couple of times and it is really difficult to get
it back through. I found it impossible last time.

On neighbor Dennis Williams' BN7 we found it impossible to get the wires back
through no matter how careful we were staggering the bullets.

He then cut off the bullets where they join the wires, stripped and tinned the
wires and re-soldered them after re-insertion. He used new solder-bullets from
Moss.

After his experience, I had a slightly different take on mine.

I drilled out the stock bullets with a 1/16" drill, leaving the first one in
place for re-pulling. Pictures at:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/128422024

In the future it'll be easy to un-solder the bullets and re-solder them if
necessary.

Besides, there's a lot of extra wire up there - plenty of room to cut 1/2" off.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA