[Healeys] remove engine number plate

Subject: [Healeys] remove engine number plate
From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (john spaur)
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 15:36:32 -0700
Niels,

The rivets are hardened steel and are difficult to drill without the
drill wandering. Try using a very hard punch to form a starting point
with your drill bit then start with a small sharp drill bit. I have
only tried this once before and I ended up damaging the plate but I
did not know what I was doing at the time. I am preparing to remove
an engine plate but I bought a new one (stamped with my engine
number) from Clarke Spares to have on hand should I damage the existing one.

John