[Healeys] Kathy Wissig's AH 100

Subject: [Healeys] Kathy Wissig's AH 100
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:29:33 -0700
Gene,

Thanks.  Your car was the first one I thought of when I posted my
statements.  I know of several more cars from yours to body no. 62 and they
all have steel wings, which is after all what we are referring to when we
talk about all aluminum bodies.

FYI, the aluminum bonnet changed to steel at body no. *3397* (156120) and
the boot at *4129* (158100)  This is from the Clausager book, which is not
always totally accurate but, in this case I believe it is.  For example,
Clausager states that the *"Austin of England" *badge was changed
to*"Austin Healey"
* some time in Aug. of '54 when the rear reflectors were added.  In fact my
car built in Jan. '55 had the rear reflectors (with brass versus aluminum
plinth bodies and orange reflectors) *and* the *"Austin of England" *badge.
This is also confirmed with many other original cars from around my
batch/body and chassis number (5179/7200 and 222660.)

Cheers,

Curt :{)