[Healeys] BMC and SU Fuel Pumps

Subject: [Healeys] BMC and SU Fuel Pumps
From: sebring at hotkey.net.au (Joe and Lenore Armour)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:24:29 +1000
Success

It is good to get a balanced view of the reliability of BMC fitted
components, ie Su and Lucas, from some of our experienced listers .

For all those successful completions at Sebring and LeMans, Healeys, MGs
and Jags were fitted with the stuff.   If my memory is correct
lightweight E-types had Lucas mechanical fuel injection.  As did the F.1
world champions several times over   BRM and Lotus

Do we think C, D and lightweight E-types went down the production line?

Just like all serious Healeys, they were built in the rear shed (
skunkworks) by Geoff and Roger) not in some BIG Works Factory.

Also keep in mind there were TWO places we refer to that 'Works Healeys'
came from;
    . MG/ BMC Competitions Dept. that built rally cars, not run by Geoff
Healey  -  fitted with Austin Healey chassis plates as per std. Austin
process

    . Donald Healey Motor CVO. were the lightweiight Healey race cars
were built. -- fitted with a unique chassis plate  HEALEY

A Healey actually finished LeMans before Jag. had built an entry.