[Healeys] A little E-Type fun:):)---non-Healey

Subject: [Healeys] A little E-Type fun:):)---non-Healey
From: tomfelts at windstream.net (Tom Felts)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:58:12 -0400
OK--I'll concede to "some" truth in what you said:):)

---- Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Nice video Tom.
Seriously.
Obviously Le Mans.
Obviously road closed.
No spectators. No other cars.
So not a race.
So Is it police footage caught on hidden cameras? Did the guy get his
car back???
Seriously, I have some video footage from Le Mans 1991, where we left
from the Pub at the beginning of the Mulsanne Straight, immediately
after practice on the Thursday, in that very limited window between a
practice session and the road being reopened.
We were in a relatively new high end Porsche, it was a public road,
and I only had a hand held video camera - you know, old skool.
But there were heaps of cars we still had to pass. You know - Renault
8's, 2CV's, E Types.... ;-)
I just need to convert it from svhs to digital and post it on YouTube.
I will one day.
Did you watch the Targa video?  It's really awesome - especially for
45 year old footage.
Tongue in cheek
Chris
PS as no one else has played the price card, i might as well
A 3.8 E Type cost TWICE as much as a BJ8...... When they were new...
A 3.8 E Type in 1961 cost 2,196 Pounds Sterling in the UK.
Ref: http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsData/Jaguar-E-type-3.8/200099/
A pretty close to fully optioned BJ8 (my actual car) cost 1,098 Pounds
Sterling in July 1966 in the UK.
View the invoice for my BJ8
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/john-sprinzel-healey.html
So let's be fair....

to this one, with no reference to a comparision which is economically
one sided;
" 'Ferraris are better engineered cars than 3.8 production E Types,
and won far more international races. And it's not relevant that
Ferraris cost more than twice as much as E Types when they were new'
Discuss, with references to the international success of the 3.8 E
Type in production car racing in the mid 1960's."
PPS. Ok Joe. I just got bored!!!!

Sent from my iPhone