[Healeys] 100-Six Owners Manual

Subject: [Healeys] 100-Six Owners Manual
From: cleona44 at hotmail.com (Jim Lesher)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:31:26 -0400
Does anyone happen to know why there was no

97H 996 I  owner's handbook ???

i am interested in the thinking?
 in the run for the other owner handbooks the numbering was in sequence with
no gaps

thanks for your insight - jim lesher

> From: peter.svilans at rogers.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:09:14 -0400
> Subject: [Healeys] 100-Six Owners Manual
>
> Rick,
>
> Owners Handbooks were upgraded regularly to stay current with the cars'
> developments. 100-Sixes were considered to be "Hundreds" still, and so
> carried on with the 996 series handbooks of the A-H 100, the last of which
was
> publication no. 996/ E for the BN2.
>
> So, the following Longbridge-built 100-Six handbooks have red covers:
>
> 996/ F was the first 100-Six handbook, dated January, 1957
> 996/ G was March, 1957
> 996/ H was May, 1957

996/ I  -  missing - why is there a gap in the printing number sequence???

> 996/ J was February, 1958, for the BN4 with 6-port head. My copy has
> Supplement AKD 931 for the new BN6
>
> Abingdon-built 100-Sixes began with only the BN6 being produced, not the
BN4