[Healeys] Hsc

Subject: [Healeys] Hsc
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:28:48 -0400
I have a list of BMC dealers and distributors for the USA and Canada.  It is
not dated, but is apparently older than the time when BJ8s were still being
sold new.  This list includes:

British Motor Car Distributors, Ltd.
1601 Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Tel: 714-774-4110

British Motor Car Distributors, Ltd.
1800 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco 9, CA [postal zones were replaced by Zip codes in 1963]

Gough Industries, Inc.
19200 Susana Road
Compton, CA

There are 63 dealers listed for California, and quite a few that I recognize
as being in the L.A. area.
Interesting stuff, but I bet all of them are long out of business and the
chances of finding any surviving sales records for them are at or close to
zero.

Here's another in a long list of reasons why everyone should make sure his
car gets included in the appropriate registry.  Some poor future owner might
benefit from there being some kind of recorded ownership history for their
car.  Too bad that almost all states have destroyed their old vehicle
registration records, and that the Federal Drive's Privacy Protection Act
effectively makes any surviving records out of reach to the general public.
It's funny that the Oregon DMV is asking for historical proof of ownership
because they are one of the ones that have dumped their records.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA