[Healeys] Pedal travel ?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Pedal travel ?
From: "Alan Grossman" <agrossman@pacific.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:48:22 -0700
This is 2 questions.
My brake pedal stops about an inch above the floor. I have adjusted the
brakes, replaced the front cyls. Checked the rears they are not weeping.
Everything seemed to bleed well.

The po states that he always had the problem of excessive travel( the
adjusters were broken when I got the car).  He rebuilt the master 3 times. I
intend to replace it. Anything I am missing?

Also the clutch pedal at rest is about an inch or more closer to the driver
than the brake. This exacerbates the feeling of too much brake travel but is
obviously not the problem. Should there be a stop that holds the clutch pedal
in plane with the brake?

Thanks, Alan
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html