[Healeys] Original Unrestored 100M

Subject: [Healeys] Original Unrestored 100M
From: pajtamuvek at gmail.com (Austin Healey)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:58:21 +0200
References: <1279731455.10127.1312213497256.JavaMail.root@sz0054a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net> <65AECDFF-A593-4E96-98C7-B7AB14D2CA16@gmail.com> <EBD4F4A7-3A22-460F-90A1-83F9CF6A606A@gmail.com> <C3A20D6B88C3E9458E33D84824156BEB5DE4D050A8@HE111644.EMEA1.CDS.T-INTERNAL.COM> <CAJKrNeT1uM56C4TQem3zu0auLfaSeN_1E3FGzHUvN0-nwwo1oA@mail.gmail.com> <C3A20D6B88C3E9458E33D84824156BEB5DE4D050B5@HE111644.EMEA1.CDS.T-INTERNAL.COM> <CANQM1PLEsGrdeKO0aa1QN_XCh=U6v2Zh2yqwzq7mkkiiF5OT7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAJKrNeSuCqHQ3vC5GTmtH4i9nszywUT++Tg18qNOd7MYCgb5EQ@mail.gmail.com> <CANQM1PK2+g6E=qvOj+3CuW-hwsofiQ7k4NZJwNgGisvxMrKE=g@mail.gmail.com> <CACPMnYp2=7hMwUCHRhnwnVO9TYANP+1+zqUanjmcSiKiuszkuA@mail.gmail.com>
The most feasible prognozis I heard is that the oil consumption of the world
will decrease by a similar diagram as it raised. Maybe a bit steeper. Two
main things will force this: the price of the gasoline and the alternative
solutions (plus I hope another two will strenghten this: manufacturers
producing lower consumption cars, people will hopefully adjust their
lifestile to the present conditions). Theese effects are a "bit"
overshadowed by the fact that the consumption of Asia is raising rapidly.
The decreesing will last nearly as long as the increasing period, soo my bet
would be at least 25-30 years for gasoline. Of course it wont get cheaper
though, but if we summarize the amount we spend on our cars, the gasoline
fee is not the highest prized heading. By far not. Even in the EU (lol).
We all know now that "bio-fuel" is not a solution for the mass of the world
(would raise food prices massively), but who tells that ethanol is not good
for oldtimers if gasoline is hard to get? Ethanol is made of vegetable
cut-offs, soo will be available as long as we plant and harvest (or at least
cut the grass). I know that it has its own problems, but chemistry will
produce its solution for the problem, if the market demands one.
Soo I think our beloved cars have good chance to see some happy 10K miles
before the last sound of the internal combustions fades away.

Gergo